Tuesday, May 24, 2005

2nd Day Update

So far so good.

The first day started at 8:30 PM with Orientation.
  • Employment documents (e.g. I-9 showing my passport to prove I am eligible to work and sign with them watching, W-4 x2, etc.)
  • Dress code
  • Benefits
  • Repetitive Stress Injury Prevention
  • Privacy (HIPPA)
  • Inclement Weather Notification

During the 2 1/2 hour PowerPoint presentation we had a bit of excitement: every time he came to one slide the computer shut down! He got tech support up to work on it to no avail. Finally he did what I would have done - he started at the beginning and scrolled through the slides to where he wanted to go. Problem solved!

We finished early so I got back to the main campus well before noon, dodging rain drops. Work was waiting. Suffice to say I love my work and there is plenty of it!

Going to bed at 10 PM last night was enforced by the power going out due to high winds accompanying heavy rains. I was up before 6 AM, showered, studied my Sabbath School lesson, ate breakfast and headed off to work. Surprisingly, despite being 25 minutes later than my 'usual' time, I arrived in about 35 minutes. Must have hit the traffic lights in town just right.

This evening I dodged the raindrops to walk for about 1/2 hour - checking on the progress in the 95-unit condominium development in the block behind our street. The work continues, though at a slower pace, with all the Pacific Northwest-like weather for the past 5 weeks.

2 Comments:

At 3:18 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

A weather swap maybe? Not that it will help you to know but the pacific northwest has sunny clear skies with a bit of a breeze and more of the same predicted for the coming week. Allan and I got out for a bike ride sans kids after the kids went to bed as Auntie Gail is around to watch.

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger LarryandJean said...

I hope that you don't end up with a bad drought from not having sufficient rain - are you folks still under water conservation restrictions? OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home