Saturday, July 23, 2005

What A Week!

Work Trials
I have been struggling with overuse of my wrists, forearms and now my right lower leg. I saw an osteopathic physician to start treating for my neck, shoulder and upper back this week - that will take time. I have had my work station adjusted (I had already had this done once and use a split keyboard at work since "Day 1") and have ordered an
Evoluent Vertical Mouse
for home use. I also requested one for work - they do not have the Evoluent product on their "approved" list but have ordered a 3M Ergonomic Mouse for me to use at work.

I can hear some of you saying, "Just switch your mouse to the left." I did. Both at work and at home. Withing 3 days I started getting symptoms in my left arm despite using quite a few shortcut keys instead of the mouse. And I really like what I am doing. Hopefully with some stretching, ice massage, and splinting things will improve.

Car Prep
Last night shortly after I got home from work we had a torrential downpour. I put my Hybrid and Jean's PT Cruiser out in the driveway and when the rain had nearly stopped I went out and washed both of them. I have washed the inside of both windshields and wiped down the inside of both dash boards, steering wheels, and so forth. I still need to vacuum but ran out of time. That is a relatively small thing left to do before the car show this Sunday.

Car Show Performance
Allison asked me to play clarinet with her and the Community Band "at the end of the month." It turns out that it is for the car show! So we went to a rehearsal this week. I have lost a lot of my playing ability by not playing for nearly 10 years but there are only 2 pieces (out of a 1 hour program) that I truly cannot play and do not have the time to practice to be able to play them. One piece I had played years ago (Liberty Bell March - a Sousa piece) but the rest I was sight reading on Thursday.

This will be interesting. However, it's a part that hadn't been heard previously as they had no 3rd Clarinet which has long been my favorite part to play because my clarinet sounds so good in the lower register. Allison has a clarinet that is set up to sound the best in the high registers and she is much more technically advanced than I am so she plays 1st clarinet.

1 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow! I'm very glad to see that both you and Ally are playing in the community band on Clarinet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home