Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Clarinet's Home Again & Ruminations

I brought my new clarinet home from the repair shop today:

1. The bore has been polished and oiled

2. The tuning barrel has been adjusted so that it doesn't stick or lock on me

3. I have been instructed to only play it 20 minutes/day for the next 1 month and to oil the bore weekly for the first 1 - 2 months and monthly thereafter for the first year.

I was encouraged to bring in:

1. My "old" R-13 Buffet to find out why it doesn't play well in the upper register

2. Allison's R-13 Buffet to get it's lower pads changed, etc.

3. My Albert system R-13 Buffet A Clarinet which is NOT tuned to A-440 as he thinks he can fit it with a tuning barrel that will let me play it with modern bands and orchestras!

On other, more work-related notes, my worklist was briefly down to: one file. That's right. My work list got essentially caught up. Then I had walk-ins with my nurses this afternoon and I am back in the thick of it with at least 3 - 4 file reviews plus as many coming in tomorrow. So they are no looking to lay me off any time soon!

Additionally this evening I signed up with a trade organization for insurance company medical directors, the American Academy of Insurance Medicine - there actually is board certification in insurance medicine. Who knows, I may work on that in my spare time.

1 Comments:

At 2:31 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

speaking of oiling Clarinets - any chance of you bringing the supplies with you to oil mine while you are out here? My guess is they are sorely in need of it (having not been played since the LAST time you were out here). Note to self - must add occassional clarient practice into the musical mix in all my "spare time".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home