Friday, November 18, 2005

BSD - Blue Screen of Death

Our Dell Inspiron 600M laptop just croaked.
BSD with the following message:

ntfs.sys Address F84554E6 base at F8404000

I managed to boot to a diagnostic screen and ran the system diagnostics which hung with the following error code: 0F00:133D (which apparently has to do with the system memory bus.

None of this shows up on the Dell Support website. That gives me a Diagnostic Tree to follow which comes down to "Prepare to Reinstall Windows".

So there you have it. Instead of listening to a Gaither DVD (Jerusalem) and posting on the Swap I got to chase computer problems tonight. The Windows Reinstall can wait for some night other than Sabbath.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger Cheryl said...

Yikes! Believe it or not my work 600m also BSoD'd twice on me this week! I ran a utility called Spinrite and found out that my hard-drive was overheating, so I put my deskfan on it and it was able to boot. I also ran the Dell diagnostic CD and it ran both the express test suite and extended test suites and everything checked out FINE! grrr! I feel like chicken little, but thankfully my sysadmins took me seriously. I've ghosted an image of my HD in case my machine does kack this coming week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home